Everyone must have one. It’s either a gift passed down from generations to come or a present out of goodwill from a neighbour you’ve had tea with. Or perhaps you’ve done it the hard way and researched and experimented. Whatever it is, everyone must have a good, creamy, mind blowing chocolate frosting.
And because I like you, here’s mine. Take it, make it, share it, or eat it on your own at midnight. Just be sure to remember that frosting if happiness on a fork (or finger).
Oh, one more thing- anyone with a awesomely delicious chocolate cake recipe? The sort that’s moist, tender and for a layer cake? I tried a few over the weekend and had to settle. SHARE SOME CHOCOLATE CAKE LOVE.
My Favourite Chocolate Frosting
200ml sour cream, room temperature
270g dark chocolate, 55%
1/3 – 1/2 cup icing sugar
3 tbsp golden syrup, gently warmed
1) Melt the chocolate over a bain marie or use the microwave and heat it in 30 second spurts, on medium until melted.
2) Mix the sour cream and golden syrup together.
3) Once the melted chocolate has cooled slightly, slowly pour it into the sour cream mixture, whisking gently as you go.
4) Sift the icing sugar over the chocolate mixture and whisk (using a hand-held whisk, NOT electric) thoroughly.
5) Chill in the fridge until ready to use. You may need to bring it to room temperature before using if it sets too hard. It shouldn’t though.