What do you have planned this Saturday?
With the number of crazy sales going on this weekend, I’d like to think I’m off to indulge in retail therapy but an upcoming dream vacation to London with my little sis (just the two of us!) means no spending and more saving.
In this case, one needs to entertain themselves in a various number of ways. I don’t mean a range of activities like afternoon tea with a friend or NCIS marathon. More like…cookies, granola, scones… that sorta thing.
And because I really wasn’t feeling all chocolate-d up, here’s one for days like these. White chocolate totally doesn’t count because it isn’t brown.
Orange and Vanilla Cookies (adapted from The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook)
2 1/4 cup GF flour blend
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 tbsp grated orange zest
1 cup white chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 175 degreesC, fanforced.
2) In a large bowl, cream the butter and the sugars together.
3) In another bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
4) Add the orange zest and egg to the creamed butter. Mix until homogenous. Don’t panic if it curdles.
5) Add the flour in, mixing well. Add in the white chocolate chips. Mix to combine. If mixture seems incredibly stiff, add 1 tbsp of milk, mix well. (I ended up adding 2 tbsp of milk)
6) Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. Using the back of the spoon, spread out the cookie until it’s flat-ish. Mine didn’t spread much at all so it’s good that I did this.
7) Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until firm to touch. It will crispen up upon cooling.