Firsts are always difficult, much like the first day of school, first crush, first exam, first job, first time falling down in front of a crowd…yeah, you get what I mean.
Firsts are made especially difficult when you’ve put in bucketloads of sweat and love into producing something to share with everyone else. But you know, everyone psyched me up for it, and gave me the ‘at least you’ll have this…’ speech. And it’s always helpful when you’re sitting on the floor, by the phone, sobbing for no apparent reason, because you couldn’t remember if you bought the right plastic bags.
But this ‘first’ story was made a lot easier with the help of many many people. So can I please do the whole ‘awards ceremony’ speech please! I’d like to thank…
- My cousins (PY & AW) for coming over the night before and helping out
- CW for waking up super early to be my chauffeur (I know it was tough!)
- Dajie for running out to buy the buckwheat flour and eating all the samples
- G for driving the stuff home and stapling the labels on the cookie bags
- The boy for being there ALL THE TIME through everylittlething
- SS for making my Friday easier
- The bestie + michie for coming to help
- Mom + Dad for having backup plans to have friends buy all the cupcakes so I wouldn’t be sad (lucky it wasn’t needed!)
- Ollie, for listening to me whine, and cheer me on!
- Everyone for coming and for leaving me ‘YAY VIC!’ messages and giving me free hugs!
I’m really overwhelmed (and still am) and am just so thankful the buttercream didn’t melt. One of the best parts was meeting all the people who don’t take gluten, and seeing their delight when they realize gluten-free food CAN taste yum. And nothing makes me happier than filling your tummy with happiness (I still adore a new dress every now and then!)
Well, that’s it for the photos. And to top off my day with a cherry o top, Sandy has awarded me with an award! MY FIRST! My internet is starting to chug though, so I’ll post my 8 new favourite blogs tomorrow, and hopefully, a recipe too. I’m so addicted to the kitchen.